Community Services - Projects
In accordance with Jesus' teaching, and the example He gave us, we strive to help those in need-not just within the church family, but outside it too: The Balham Community, and the wider world.
* Feeding the homeless - we participate in feeding our homeless guests at Waterloo and Lincoln's Inn Fields. Also we support and mingle with our local homeless guests in the Balham area giving them food, clothing and general encouragement.
* Hospital visits every week. A small group visits St. George's Hospital to cheer the patients with song and fellowship.
* Community Fair: a new annual feature, including a health clinic, careers advice, I.T fair, Children's activities, Senior citizen's club, stress management seminars & more!
* Community Health Fair: a new annual feature, including health checks, complementary medicine, health foods, seminars, children's corner & much more!
* Prison ministry: Some of our members are involved in a befriending scheme for prisoners. This involves writing letters, and personal visits.
* ADRA (Adventist Development & Relief Agency)
This is our church-run international, humanitarian charity that responds to disasters and carries out development programs (e.g. building health clinics/schools, improving sanitation) wherever there is need around the world. Over £3m was raised last year. For further information please visit ADRA's website www.adra.org